Filling the gap for disability support
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) was first introduced in 2013. The government-backed scheme provides funds for people living with disabilities. Prior to the NDIS, there was a shortage of services and supports – meaning many people were experiencing difficulties in their day-to-day living, and often experienced loneliness as they were unable to connect with community events.
As the roll out of the NDIS continues, it's becoming easier for people with disabilities to access the right kinds of support services, and disability support in Melbourne is becoming a more popular service.
At Absolute Care & Health, we are a registered NDIS provider and we provide tailored and reliable disability support in Melbourne.
What exactly is the NDIS?
The NDIS funds a range of supports and services which can include:
- Social participation
- Living arrangements
- Health and wellbeing
These services are classified as reasonable and necessary supports for those living with disabilities. To be classified as such, these services:
- Must be related to a participant's disability
- Cannot include day-to-day living costs that are not related to disability support needs (EG: groceries)
- Should represent value for money
- Must be likely to be effective and work for the participant
- Should take into account supports given to the participant by other government services, family members, carers, networks, and the community
In a nutshell? The NDIS provides funds by looking at a person's life and lifestyle holistically. To get started with the NDIS, you need to contact the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), the government agency responsible for administering the NDIS. You can find out more about accessing the NDIS on their website.
Choosing the right in-home disability care provider
Unfortunately, many people who receive disability support services have experienced difficulty in finding high-quality and reliable care providers. When care providers are late or cancel an appointment, it places more strain on you and your family. And this is a problem we try to solve as a care provider.
The Absolute Health & Care difference
At Absolute Care & Health, we pride ourselves on being reliable and trustworthy. We build long-term relationships with all our clients so we can provide the best quality of care, and our caregivers will always arrive when they're supposed to.
We put you and your needs at the centre of everything we do. You tell us what you need, and we tailor our services to suit those needs, wherever possible.
We listen to your lifestyle goals and personal ambitions, and work with you to go above and beyond in ensuring you meet those goals.
Our NDIS services
At Absolute Care & Health, we are a registered NDIS provider, and we provide NDIS funded disability services in Melbourne.
Once you have your NDIS plan in place, we can start providing support. It is crucial to have your plan in place before contacting a service provider.
The services you receive will be designed to help you achieve your lifestyle goals, as well as helping you improve your skills and independence.
At Absolute Care & Health, the NDIS services you can receive include:
- Daily personal activities
- Domestic support
- Community nursing
- Community access
- Daily living and life skills
What does this look like?
We have qualified support workers who will accompany you as you perform daily activities. Whether you need help shopping for groceries, assistance with personal care and grooming, or someone to take you to and from events with friends and family, we're here to help. Some common support activities include:
- Support with managing and carrying out personal routines such as hygiene, getting up, and dressing.
- Supporting you to do your physio routines or exercise as prescribed by a relevant professional.
- Assistance with daily activities such as housekeeping, laundry, shopping, meal preparation to help you develop your skills and independence.
- Pick-up/drop-off transportation to and from events, social groups, or appointments.
- Support with community access for local services such as libraries, banks, and hairdressers, as well as support with education or employment courses.
Find out more about our approach to disability support services in Melbourne.
Absolute Care & Health on 6 September 2019
As you get older, you should reevaluate your in-home care provider and consider whether they are offering you the best possible service. ...Read more
Absolute Care & Health on 13 November 2017
Care providers can choose the fees they charge, and we keep ours low, so you get good value for money. Here's what you need to know about Package fees and choosing your provider. ...Read more