Government funded care helps you pay for the support you need to continue living independently in your own home, where you're most comfortable.
If you need support to continue living in your home, then you may be eligible for government funded care. We can help you understand the process, call us on 03 9827 8899 for more information.
How it works
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme subsidises a range of services which help you continue living at home.
You may also be eligible for a Home Care Package which provides a funding package to pay for whichever care services you need.
To receive government funding, you need to apply through the government's My Aged Care service and they will organise a care assessment to determine what kind of funding you can receive.
Here's how we can help with the process:
- We can help you apply for a Home Care Package
- We can support you before and during your care assessment
- We personalise your care services around your preferences and lifestyle goals
Home Care Packages explained
Government funded Home Care Packages have four levels of funding ranging from $8,000 to $48,000 a year. The level of funding you are eligible for depends on your care requirements.
You may be eligible for government funded home care if you need support to continue living in your own home. You need to have a care assessment to receive government funded care. Keep in mind:
- There are different types of government funding you may be eligible for
- Eligibility is assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Older people who need support to live at home are usually eligible
Changing Home Care Package providers
You can choose the provider you want to deliver your care and you are free to change if you think a different provider will be a better fit for you. Keep in mind:
- Some providers have minimum notice periods when you change
- Some providers charge exit fees
- Always compare the fees and charges of different providers
Find out more about government funded care
For more information about how it all works, download our information pack. It has everything new clients and families need to know about government funded home care.
13 November 2017
Care providers can choose the fees they charge, and we keep ours low, so you get good value for money. Here's what you need to know about Package fees and choosing your provider.